In this video our resident chef Dion Taylor from HSG At The Gardens in Bundaberg, Australia walks us through another audience members recipe.
Today we are off to Bulgaria to explore a delightful dish. Thanks to listener Greta Dimitrova for sending us this recipe.
One of the most popular summer cold soup for warm weather.
It is called 'Tarator' emphasis on the third syllable (o). It is pronounced as spelled.
Recipe details. Serves 4-6 portions
1 English Cucumber
2 medium garlic cloves
400-450 grams of yogurt
3-4 stems bunch of fresh dill
3-4 stems of fresh parsley
Handful of walnuts
4 Tbsp of olive oil.
Salt to taste
1. Peel off the cucumber and cut in small cubes in a soup ball. Need extra space for the yogurt mix later.
2. Peel and crush the garlic cloves with a little bit of sea salt and add to mixture
3. Crush walnuts and add to mixture( I use simple grinding bowl, old method, no crush press or other tools for both garlic and walnuts but I do not crush them together)
4. Remove stems of dill and parsley, cut up the leaves ( minced dill and parsley) and add to mixture
5. Add olive
6. Mix everything together (the olive oil coats the mixture and is more even)
7. Mix the yogurt with a cup of water. If it is too thick you may add extra water. Stir with fork to get even consistency
8. Add yogurt mixture to bowl, stir and serve or better chill in the fridge and serve.
If concerned about garlic ... Can be omitted. Some restaurants in Bulgaria may not put garlic because is mostly a lunch soup and people may opt out of this when they have to return to office after lunch.
Connect with Humaneity at https://www.facebook.com/Humaneity https://twitter.com/HumaneityGroup https://www.instagram.com/humaneity_i... https://www.youtube.com/c/HumaneityCh...
Humaneitys Collaboration Partners BPO Heroes www.bpoheroes.com
Websites 4 Small Business https://www.web4business.com.au/ DickieTv www.dickietv.com